Create Your Own Holiday Decorations
Monday, December 14
Brought to you by Fort Selden Historic Site
Make your own holiday ornaments and decorations! Follow along with Collections Specialist Ivana Montenegro, as she shows you how to make homemade decorations that reflect New Mexico Traditions!
Cookie Cutter Adobe Ornament:
In this first video, make a cookie cutter adobe ornament. To print out the instructions for this craft, click here.
In the second of two craft videos, Ivana will show you how to make Noche Buena — poinsettias — out of corn husks. She will also tell you the story behind the tradition. To print out the instructions for this craft, click here.
Be sure to share pictures of your completed crafts on social media! Tag us @nm_historic_sites or #newmexicohistoricsites
- Traditional Recipes from Southern New Mexico's Past
- Rabbit and Hare Hunting in New Mexico
- Rebecca's Recipe Room: Biscochitos
- Red or Green?
- Recipes of Remembrance: Slim Fast Coffee
- Farolito or Luminaria? A Holiday Tradition
- Carly's Craft Corner
- Light Among The Ruins Game
- Chillin' with Quillin' at Fort Stanton
- Recipes of Remembrance: Navajo Fry Bread
- Create Your Own Holiday Decorations
- Pueblo Sugar Cookies
- Holiday in the Hacienda
- Las Posadas in Lincoln County
- Season's Greetings from Jemez Pueblo
- Recipes of Remembrance: Atole
- Holiday Recollections with J. Paul Taylor
- Fry Bread Storytime
- Youth Short Film Showcase
- A Virtual Christmas Card from Lincoln & Fort Stanton